We are relaunching Growth Groups on Sunday, September 18. These groups will run from September 18 – November 13 and will coincide with our 9-week fall sermon series that we’ve entitled, “Worldly Wisdom VS Godly Wisdom”. In anticipation of Growth Groups, here is some basic information concerning this discipleship program:
The Basic Philosophy of Growth Groups:
- Upward Focus (The Worship Element to Growth Groups) – The primary (not sole, but primary) focus of Growth Groups is to dig deep into God’s Word to mine all of the nuggets of His Word for equipping and edification. Our method of mining nuggets from God’s Word is sermon-based small group discussion.
- Inward Target (The Nurturing Aspect of Growth Groups) – While worship is our primary focus, caring for the health (both physical and spiritual) of our Growth Group members is vitally important. Growth Groups (ideally and philosophically) will provide our PF church members and regular attendees with their primary care in terms of support, prayer, and friendship.
- Outward Service (The Community Component to Growth Groups) – Reaching up is our primary focus…reaching inward is vitally important…but reaching outward to our community in terms of praying for our community and doing service projects for our community is the real heartbeat of Growth Groups.
The Covenant of Growth Groups:
As a Growth Group Leader, you are promising to:
- Provide a safe and clean environment for effective biblical discussion to take place.
- Prepare well for each Growth Group session by means of staying organized and exercising time management skills.
- Maintain confidentiality of any and all sensitive information that is given to you by your Growth Group members.
As a Growth Group Member, you are promising to:
- Endeavor to make it to each Growth Group session and to make these sessions a priority in your life.
- Prepare well for each Growth Group session by means of Sunday morning church attendance and by bringing your Bible to each Growth Group session.
- Maintain confidentiality of any and all sensitive information that is given to you by other Growth Group members.
If you are not currently plugged into one of our six Growth Groups, and would like to be, please sign up on the sheet in the church foyer. We would love to have you grow with us!