Below is the sermon series schedule for our new fall series that we’ve entitled, “Worldly Wisdom VS Godly Wisdom”. This series is set to launch on Sunday, September 18 and will run for nine weeks.
Sunday, September 18, 2016:
Title: Follow Your Heart VS Guard Your Heart.
Topic: The power of both tainted and pure desires.
Text: Proverbs 4:23.
Sunday, September 25, 2016:
Title: You Deserve to Be Happy VS There’s Joy in Self Denial.
Topic: Jesus’ call to radical followership.
Text: Matt. 16:24-25.
Sunday, October 2, 2016:
Title: You Need Some Me Time VS “I Will Give You Rest”.
Topic: The Bible’s description of true rest.
Text: Psalm 23 and Matt. 11:25-30.
Sunday, October 9, 2016:
Title: You Gotta Do What Feels Right VS Fight Your Feelings With Dynamic Faith.
Topic: The essential nature of faith to missional living.
Text: Jonah 1-4.
Sunday, October 16, 2016
Title: You Can Be Anything You Want to Be VS You Must Be Labeled and Directed By God.
Topic: Discerning the Lord’s will in a fiercely independent culture.
Sunday, October 23, 2016:
Title: Love Is Love VS Truth & Love.
Topic: The Bible’s definition and restrictions to loving others.
Text: 1 John 4:16 & Others.
Sunday, October 30, 2016:
Title: We All Just Need to be Tolerant VS True Christianity is Exclusive and Offensive.
Topic: A dynamic presentation on the absurdity of the coexist stance.
Text: Joshua 24:1-28 and John 14:6
Sunday, November 6, 2016:
Title: You Don’t Need Church To Worship God VS Your Faith Is Lived Out In Biblical Community.
Topic: Learning to love and embrace Christ’s imperfect bride.
Text: Ephesians 5:25-27.
Sunday, November 13, 2016:
Title: Right Here – Right Now Is All That Matters VS Live Life With An Eternal Perspective.
Topic: The power and joy of living for the Invisible.
Text: 2 Corinthians 4:16-18.
We are looking forward to this series; and in conjunction with this series, we will resume our Growth Groups. Below is our current groupings:
Growth Group #1:
- Pastor Dave and Heather Cotner (Growth Group Leader)
- Craig and Ila Capps
- Duane and Susan Davis
- Bill and Linda Fiordelise
- Linda Grice
- Ed and Rita Luers
- Eldon and Phyllis Yoder
- Mike York
- Growth Group #1 will meet in the Church Library at 6 PM each Sunday.
Growth Group #2:
- Steve and Bonnie Donnolly (Growth Group Leader)
- Erin Bower
- Jess Caster
- Will and Melissa Luers
- Brent and Tori Lybarger
- Jesse and Sarah Neitzel
- Zach and Beth Shepherd
- Growth Group #2 will meet at Steve’s home (821 South 15th Ave in Washington) at 6 PM each Sunday.
Growth Group #3:
- Dillon and Bailey Gingerich (Growth Group Leader)
- Steve and Diana Fordham
- Klint and Kendra Gingerich
- John and Jackie Morgan
- Jan Rosien
- Growth Group #3 will meet in the Church’s Youth Room immediately after the Morning Worship Service each Sunday.
Growth Group #4:
- Doug and Julie Tinnes (Growth Group Leader)
- Bill and Evelyn Brown
- Matt and Sarah Latcham
- Rosanne Latcham
- Milo Luers
- Arlena Tinnes
- Mark and Cheryl Tinnes
- Mary Walker
- Growth Group #4 will meet at the home of Arlena Tinnes (404 North Davis Street in Keota) at 6 PM each Sunday.
Growth Group #5:
- Brian and Nancy Wilson (Growth Group Leader)
- Mike and Christina Boos
- Darwin and Lori Carroll
- Greg and Veronica Dunbar
- Jerry and Pam Dunbar
- Rick Fields
- Ron and Kay Gates
- Judy Wolf
- Growth Group #5 will meet in the Church Fellowship Hall immediately after the Morning Worship Service each Sunday.
Growth Group #6:
- Pastor Jon and Julia Rocha (Growth Group Leader)
- Steve and Cheryl Bohn
- John Hardt
- Marion and Christine Hayes
- Rosemary Luers
- Janine Rosien
- Jason and Elisabeth Tinnes
- Will and Lisa Van Der Molen
- Growth Group #6 will meet at the Walker Seed Shed (1575 W. 5th Street in Washington) immediately after the Morning Worship Service each Sunday.
If you are not in a Growth Group, and would like to be, please see either Pastor Dave or Pastor Jon. You may also indicate your desire to be in a Growth Group via a connect card on any given Sunday or by signing up on the sign-up sheet in the church foyer. Also, if are not on this list (and should be), please forgive us for this unintentional oversight.