The Leadership Team of Prairie Flower Baptist Church is calling for a church wide Prayer and Fast Day on Sunday, March 1. We will also have our Corporate Prayer Night at 6 PM that same day. If you would like to participate, we ask that you abstain from food and only consume water, juice, and/or coffee. For those who can’t participate in the food fast, but would still like to participate, perhaps you could fast from technology, TV, or something else. Be creative and do all that you do as unto the Lord!
The why behind the what of this event is simple, we need the Lord and we want to seek his face by means of praying and fasting. There are so many encouragements and commands in Scripture that point us to the power of praying and fasting. So, out of obedience to the Word, and with eager expectation that God will work, we joyfully enter into this day of prayer and fasting. Won’t you join us?
Paul states in Ephesians 3:20-21, “Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.”
To help facilitate this day of prayer and fasting, here is a guide that will help you focus your time of prayer…Please pray for the following large categories:
- That lost souls would come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.
- That believers would grow in their faith.
- That our church would experience continued unity and growth.
- That our leadership team would lead wisely and faithfully.
- That our missionaries would bear fruit on the mission field.
- That our kid’s programs would grow and be productive.
- That our upcoming Easter Service (4-12-20) would powerfully showcase the Gospel.
- That our marriages would be protected and strengthened.
- That our kids would respond to the Gospel and be protected from the Evil One.
- That our focus would stay on the Lord and not get distracted with lesser things.
What else can you add to this list? In a nutshell, there is so much to pray for. Please plan to join us on March 1, 2020 for our church wide Prayer and Fast Day and then plan to come out for our Corporate Prayer Night at 6 PM that same day. You’ll be glad you did.