Yesterday evening, we had our first round of what we call “Summer Nights of Prayer”. It was a good time to gather together as the people of the prairie and pray. As we ended our time of prayer, I encouraged our people to continue to pray, using our Associate Pastor’s “Prayer Priority List”. I found this list helpful. Maybe you’ll find it useful as well…
Pastor Tim writes, “As you have opportunity, consider praying for the following in order:
- Pray for your own walk with Christ. This may include confessing sin and seeking His guidance to walk obediently.
- Pray that your family would love and follow Christ. You may find yourself needing to confess sins to your family members whom you have wronged.
- Pray that your fellow church members would remain faithful and be on mission. Consider even praying for specific individuals that come to your mind.
- Pray for individuals that you are trying to witness to. Pray that God would work in them and work through you.
- Pray for our country and its’ leaders. Pray that we would live peaceable and quiet lives, godly and dignified in every way.”
Many of you profess the necessity and power of prayer, but do you actually pray? Do you actually carve out intentional time to talk to God? The list above can help you as you do what you know you need to do, namely, pray…